Status: First-time applicant
Pre-MBA industry: Human Resources
Years of experience at time of matriculation: 4
GMAT/GRE score: 680
Undergraduate GPA: 3.86/4.00
Admitted to: Anderson, Goizueta, Johnson, Kellogg, McDonough, Owen, Ross, Stern, Yale
I would not be going to a top 10 business school without Kathryn Lucas and Square One Prep. I was very nervous to apply to top schools as I had a well below average GMAT score and wasn’t certain of my career goals. I had calls with 8 admissions consultants, and Kathryn was the only on who took the time to understand my story and told me that I had a shot at my dream school. (Two consultants actually told me to call them back after I’d retaken the GMAT!) I definitely chose correctly because with Kathryn’s help I received interviews and acceptances to all 9 schools I applied to—a crazy feat!
Kathryn was incredibly effective for the following reasons:
– Prior to reviewing essays, resumes, recommendations etc. she takes the time to get to know her clients. Our first intro. call lasted 7 hours in total! This enabled her to help me craft a compelling narrative throughout my application.
– She encourages self reflection and pushed me to be comfortable revealing very personal stories in my essays, which helped the adcoms get to know me in a much deeper way.
– Kathryn doesn’t always say what you want to hear, but rather what you need to hear. She ensured that every part of my application was perfect, even if it meant completing 12+ revisions on one essay.
– Kathryn keeps you on track. She sets attainable deadlines, and helped me complete 18+ essays in 8 weeks! With Kathryn’s help, I was done well before the New Year, and had time to relax over the holiday season.
– Kathryn is incredibly invested in the success of her clients. Her response time to emails averaged 2 minutes every day/ hour of the week (not even exaggerating).
– Kathryn believed in me, which helped me believe in my abilities and boosted my self confidence.
I cannot recommend Square One Prep enough as thanks to Kathryn, I will be attending the school of my dreams—Kellogg– in the Fall!!